Worried about germs making me sick.

M

Mummytotwo21

I went to a ready to eat food stall today I noticed the lady was wearing gloves, she took cash payment from the first customer then proceeded to put her hand in the bag for my food to open it wider. Now I ate abit of the food forgetting she had her hand in the bag beforehand so I'm worried that she'd have germs on her hand from the money or previous things she's touched and I'm going to get ill.

F

Fightingback

While not the most hygeinc way to handle food, and I appreciate your concerns, you will be fine. It is very difficult to pass harmful germs through touch alone, more likely through blood and bodily fuilds which is not the case here. Is this the first time you have had this reaction?

L

LynnyB

I very much doubt you are at any great risk but it is not the right way to handle food.

M

Mummytotwo21

While not the most hygeinc way to handle food, and I appreciate your concerns, you will be fine. It is very difficult to pass harmful germs through touch alone, more likely through blood and bodily fuilds which is not the case here. Is this the first time you have had this reaction?
Definitely not the first time I've had this reaction, I'm so careful with food and germs! I wash my hands all the time and if I can't do that I will use hand wipes, I will not eat with my hands if I can avoid it! A few years ago I was extremely bad with it all I lost alot of weight due to being scared I would catch a vomiting bug or I would throw up that I would have rather had an empty stomach constantly.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I think Covid has made many of us even more aware of passing on germs etc and this person was very careless in their handling and prep of food. On the flip side, we need some exposure to germs/bacteria to keep our immune system up to speed. However, I understand exactly where you are coming from