Speaking Up At Work

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

Instead of feeling like a victim at work I decided to stand up for myself and things actually worked out for the better. Has anyone else managed to speak out against an injustice or something along those lines?

J

Jade

Well done Ghost that is great to hear! Glad you spoke up and it all worked out well for you :)I haven’t found myself in a situation at work where I needed to stand up for an injustice but if I ever did find myself in this situation I most certainly would! It’s important we all stand up for ourselves and don’t let an injustice go un-noticed for ourselves personally and to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. Some behaviour in the workplace is inexcusable and shouldn’t be ignored. Making someone feel victimised and singled out is not appropriate or acceptable. You should be very proud of yourself ghost! :)

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

Well done Ghost that is great to hear! Glad you spoke up and it all worked out well for you :)I haven’t found myself in a situation at work where I needed to stand up for an injustice but if I ever did find myself in this situation I most certainly would! It’s important we all stand up for ourselves and don’t let an injustice go un-noticed for ourselves personally and to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. Some behaviour in the workplace is inexcusable and shouldn’t be ignored. Making someone feel victimised and singled out is not appropriate or acceptable. You should be very proud of yourself ghost! :)
Thanks Jade, I definitely feel a lot more positive about work situation, but there is still a long way to go.

J

Jade

But you made progress Ghost that is what is important. You took the first step, and a step is a step no matter how small.If I may suggest something why don’t you keep a log of any of the events your not happy with? Keeping a record will be handy to refer to if you need to take something up with your boss or supervisor. I will say though that if the situation got worse ,despite you speaking up or you feel the problem has gone beyond your control you can do something about it, the laws on your side.