How does it feel living with somebody suffering from acute phobias/anxiety?

Beattheblues

Beattheblues

Over the years I have suffered various phobias and anxiety issues and I know how vital the support of my wife was during those times. I would be interested to hear how those living with phobia/anxiety sufferers cope with the everyday trials and tribulations.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I would be extremely interested to hear the views of those living with phobia sufferers as well. As a phobia/anxiety sufferer it is easy to become selfish and put yourself first before everybody else. However, those living with phobia/anxiety sufferers do not always have the easiest of lives.

Mark

Mark

Hopefully the forum can act as a sounding board for those living with phobia/anxiety sufferers and give them somewhere to talk to like-minded people in similar situations. The more both sides of the situation understand each other the better for all concerned.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My view is that living with phobias/anxiety is a constant battle but a battle which can be won/controlled. Anxiety and phobias don't need to ruin your life - they are manageable.

Beattheblues

Beattheblues

I have learned over the years that my best chance of tackling/controlling phobias/anxiety is to ensure I have plenty of rest and relaxation. My stress levels increase dramatically the more tired I am - simple but true.

Mark

Mark

A relaxed home life and plenty of sleep are vital for anyone suffering from phobias and/or anxiety.