Hello everyone, blocked up?

D

DanMander4474

Hello everyone

To be honest I haven’t read any threads on the site yet, I will of course as soon as I’ve finally written this down, in the hope it helps me, just to put it out there, I hope it’s relevant.

So I seem to have a serious issue with a blocked nose. And I will just say it’s specifically a blocked nose from a cold, or bloody covid to be fair! Yes I can go scuba diving, hold my breath or have a million nose hairs removed by a Turkish man armed with wax, It’s the very moment a cold sets in, the familiar feeling of dread as the ‘behind my nose’ area begins to block, that ‘stuck in a lift’ unknown feeling. Drowning in phlegm (sorry).

Im well aware I won’t die, I can breath through my mouth but I don’t like it, I don’t like the feeling of not knowing when it might decide to go, tomorrow, next week? I guess it’s a control thing maybe, but don’t get me wrong, it brings me to my knees.

The shear panic turns my mind into a frenzy, My only hopeful saviour; a tried and tested regime of day nurse, then octrovine (god bless octrovine) 30 mins before night nurse, NO SHORTER time or you’ll dry out the blocked nose and be right plugged for the next 6-8 hours (which to me is stuck in an elevator hell on earth feeling).

It started around the age of 22, I’m 37 now and it’s steadily got worse, I often lose my taste and smell with my colds and have had a sporting blow to the face which I think affects my left sinus, this was also when I was 22. Nights are slightly worse and I’m fully pacing the house snorting and trying to unblock in panic with a heightened heart rate for hours.

It’s begun really getting into my head and I will often dream I have a blocked nose, hate it and live out in the dream the same way I do when awake with a blocked nose, the dread.

Ill say to my wife when I’ve got a cold ‘if I fall asleep on this sofa during the night PLEASE don’t wake me, you just go on to bed’! Petrified I’ll be held awake all night clutched in stuffy madness!

I’ve occasionally checked the web about this (which in itself brings on anxiety) and haven’t really found any similar cases.

I play it down and joke with friends but behind closed doors I’m drowning.

Can anyone relate

L

LynnyB

Sounds like a very difficult situation. Did you manage to find any treatment?