Fear of getting older

J

Jade

I’m 25 in a few months and so many people think I’m being silly but I really am dreading my birthday. I didn’t have a problem intil last year but when I turned 24 I really started obsessing over my age. In the past year I’ve being trying all sorts of creams on my face to delay the early signs of aging and I’m always checking for wrinkles. I worry I haven't achieved enough at my age and worry i’ve wasted my youth. People don’t understand this because they class me as still young but it really does bother me and I worry about it daily.

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

I’m 25 in a few months and so many people think I’m being silly but I really am dreading my birthday. I didn’t have a problem intil last year but when I turned 24 I really started obsessing over my age. In the past year I’ve being trying all sorts of creams on my face to delay the early signs of aging and I’m always checking for wrinkles. I worry I haven't achieved enough at my age and worry i’ve wasted my youth. People don’t understand this because they class me as still young but it really does bother me and I worry about it daily.
When it comes to getting older like you jade I also fear that I haven't achieved enough, but then again how do you measure achievement? One thing I'm doing to curb my trend of 'accomplishment woes' is stop comparing myself to others. Social media sites like Facebook tend to amplify people's lives when in actual fact they're probably in the same position as you or I.

J

Jade

Thank you for commenting on this as I finally feel I’m not alone in this one because everyone I ask think I’m being silly. Your right of course that it does come down to worrying about what you’ve achieved but a lot of people probably feel like that at all different stages of life. I’m going to take a leaf out of your book and stop comparing myself.I even do it with celebrities which is just silly really because not many people have that kind of lifestyle. I very much appreciate that advice Ghost it was very helpful :)