Expanding my shopping boundries!

kelbel

kelbel

I am recovering from agoraphobia and although I'm far better than I used to be, there's still the odd challenge I face - one of which is walking around big towns / cities. There is a huge shopping town about half an hour away from me, and I went there on friday with my mum. In the last 13 years I haven't left the shopping centre itself and i've always parked only on the car park right at the top of the building (a quick exit for me if i wanted to run).

But on friday, I decided (totally in the spur of the moment) to leave the shopping centre and walk away from my car to shop on a main, very busy street in the centre of town. And, i felt absolutely fine! So fine infact that i gave my credit card a bit of a pounding lol! Expanding my shopping boundries is a fantastic motivator that's for sure!

Feeling pleased with myself :)

J

Jade

Well done this is a great accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself! I find it very inspiring to hear stories of how people over come their phobia. Do you think there is anything in particular that made you decide to leave the shopping centre? Any tips you can share with others that suffer with agoraphobia? And will you be continuing to venture out further? I do hope so. I think you deserved treating yourself to that extra bit of shopping you were able to do because you achieved something great. :)
Once again a big well done to you!

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

Yeah well done! It's great to hear that you're taking big steps (no pun intended) and things can only get better from here I reckon. This is definitely inspirational not only for agoraphobia sufferers but sufferers of other phobias too!