Best jobs for anxiety sufferers

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
On the surface those suffering from anxiety may feel as though their job prospects are minimal and they will never be successful. However, researchers shown that there are many jobs out there which are perfect for those suffering from anxiety for a number of reasons.

Writer

Writing is one of those jobs you can do at your own leisure, in your own time and ultimately on your own. It may be difficult to make money in the early days but working on your own with minimal interruption and interaction can help.

Childcare

Childcare may be an interesting entry into the best jobs for anxiety sufferers but many find it easier to work with children and less intimidating than working with adults. Sometimes the noise and interaction is a perfect distraction from their everyday anxiety concerns.

Working with animals

There is no doubt that working with animals is helpful to an array of those suffering from anxiety issues. Aside from the fact animals can be less intimidating than adults they also offer a soothing influence and the opportunity to nurture and care for something else.

These are just three jobs suitable for those suffering from anxiety and we would be interested to hear the views of others and which jobs they have found suitable for their anxiety issues.

Mark

Mark

I can see why many of the above jobs would appeal to anxiety sufferers but I would also add counselling and similar employment environments where an anxiety sufferer can “give something back”. My personal experience is one whereby I get more satisfaction helping others than perhaps I do helping myself. Is this something other anxiety sufferers also experience?

Beattheblues

Beattheblues

As long as anxiety sufferers are able to mix with others outside of their work environment surely there is no harm working by yourself?

Mark

Mark

There does need to be some kind of interaction with others at some point in your life.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I totally agree - however, it may help some sufferers to separate their personal life and their working life. At least if they are able to cope with their working life they can earn money to live which takes some pressure off?