Serious question, does it help to seemingly label everything we dont like as a phobia?

G

Getting_There

I dont think there is anyone without a phobia of some sort (although I could be wrong). However, my question is, does it help sufferers by putting a phobia name to every dislike/fear any of us have? After all said and done, the body has two main reactions to anything, fight or flight.

From what I read, there are new phobia tags emerging on a seemingly daily basis :rolleyes:

H

Helprequired

Interesting question :)

Is it helpful to put a label on your fears so you can address them or just leave them to fester?

F

Fightingback

One of the problems with phobias is that, much like mental health issues, they are not deemed "serious" unless you can physically see them, ie like a broken arm. But if you dont know the phobia, how can you address it?

G

Getting_There

Some interesting replies - still not convinced that every "ache and pain" should have a label? Surely sometimes we have just got to get on with it?

H

Helprequired

If people have a genuine phobia then I think it is right to "label" them so they can get help.