Have you ever really shared your anxiety fears?

Mark

Mark

The very fact that we are either posting on this forum or reading the threads and posts is a step in the right direction. However, hand on heart who amongst us can say they have really shared their anxiety fears in great detail?

I think anxiety and phobias are issues which we all try to hide but once we let the genie out the bottle and start talking about them, well I dont think I could stop! I have had some horrific experiences.

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

If I'm totally honest I have never told anyone the full extent of my anxiety and worries because I'm too proud and stubborn when comes to appearing too vulnerable. Don't get me wrong I have a great circle of mates who I'm sure would be entirely empathetic but something (or rather I am) holding me back.

J

Jade

Although I do share a lot of my anxiety with my loved ones I can’t honestly say I’ve shared everything and I’m not quite sure why to be honest because I know I will get the support I need. I think it could be because I don’t want the sympathy or anyone to worry about me. I do believe it’s important and you should try and be even more open because sharing your anxieties can help. I think that what I will do is share as much as possible on this forum and hopefully that will give the the courage to be more open with those around me.

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

Although I do share a lot of my anxiety with my loved ones I can’t honestly say I’ve shared everything and I’m not quite sure why to be honest because I know I will get the support I need. I think it could be because I don’t want the sympathy or anyone to worry about me. I do believe it’s important and you should try and be even more open because sharing your anxieties can help. I think that what I will do is share as much as possible on this forum and hopefully that will give the the courage to be more open with those around me.
This forum is definitely a good place start in my opinion Jade. Just talk about what you feel comfortable with and eventually you'll feel confident enough to share more of worries and anxieties outside of it.

P

Paul1

It's so difficult isn't? Even here, where your identity is hidden, and you're talking to like minded people who have similar feelings, and, perhaps, similar experiences. To open up and makes yourself that vulnerable goes against all my natural instincts, I guess (even online) it's a fear of how people might respond.

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

It's so difficult isn't? Even here, where your identity is hidden, and you're talking to like minded people who have similar feelings, and, perhaps, similar experiences. To open up and makes yourself that vulnerable goes against all my natural instincts, I guess (even online) it's a fear of how people might respond.
Exactly!! I know what you're saying Paul. As a very guarded person, I find it just as difficult to put myself in a vulnerable (or rather less comfortable) position out of the fear of being judged. I think we all like to feel like we're in control of certain situations and the thought of losing that control is scary as hell.

J

Jade

It seems a lot of us are worried about opening up incase we are judged. I’m wondering if this is just a fear incase we are judged or if a past experience has made us be more cautiousWhat I’d like to know is if it’s a past experience that has put you off sharing your feelings? For me I think it’s because when some people have found out about my phobias ( especially food phobias) they have found it amusing. Of course those people aren't worth my time and it doesn't explain why I’m hesitant to completely open up to people I trust because I know they wouldn't do this.