Does it help to talk about your phobias?

Mark

Mark

Personally the ability to talk with like minded people about phobias and anxiety has been something of a godsend to me. Does anybody else find it helps to talk about their phobias? Perhaps more importantly, do you find it easier to talk via a forum where you are not talking face to face as such?

J

Jade

It is a godsend Mark. Forums such as this one where I can discuss my phobias and anxiety and be recieved with true understanding and good advice has been very helpful to me. As the old saying goes a problem shared is a problem halved and this forum allows us to do just that and do so anonymously if we choose to. For me its not as daunting as talking about my phobias and anxiety face to face can be. I can think what i want to say and type them into words without worrying I’ve said the wrong thing and haven’t explained myself properly as I sometimes do face to face.
I think speaking on forums like this could also help us in face to face conversations too. Talking things over in threads and seeing the support and understanding has made me feel I can open up more then I previously thought I could.So I’d like to thank you all for that :)