Breaking the pattern of anxiety

Mark

Mark

I am very aware of anxiety and panic attacks having suffered from them in years gone by. Now I am able to control these attacks, when they occur on an intermittent basis, because I can tell the signs before the panic and anxiety "grabs hold". I believe the key to fighting back against anxiety and phobias is to break the pattern as early as possible before your initial concerns prompt more anxiety which itself prompts more concern and more anxiety, you know the rest…..

Breaking the cycle at the earliest possible stage has been a godsend to me. Does anyone else use this particular technique?

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

I am very aware of anxiety and panic attacks having suffered from them in years gone by. Now I am able to control these attacks, when they occur on an intermittent basis, because I can tell the signs before the panic and anxiety "grabs hold". I believe the key to fighting back against anxiety and phobias is to break the pattern as early as possible before your initial concerns prompt more anxiety which itself prompts more concern and more anxiety, you know the rest…..

Breaking the cycle at the earliest possible stage has been a godsend to me. Does anyone else use this particular technique?
Hi Mark, It's great to hear that you've managed to adopt a technique that works for you and helps you to control your anxiety. I think i need to follow your lead and make more of an effort to curb my anxiety cycle. With that being said, breaking that cycle and 'grabbing hold' as you mentioned is easier said than done - which i'm sure you're fully aware of and requires a lot of practice and conscious effort.

J

Jade

It’s something I certainly try but haven’t been able to master yet. When my thoughts start becoming anxious currently there is little I can do to break that train of thought no matter how hard I try. I will keep trying though because it obviously can work. As you said Mark, you have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for years so is this technique something that has taken you years to master? Any advice on this matter would be very much appreciated Mark :)