Article about mental health care being 'inadequate'

J

Jade

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-33071069

Inadequate health care for mental health sufferers including those who are having serious panic attacks are met with a lack of compassion from A+E staff.
I’m disgusted reading this but can’t say I’m that surprised. It’s a subject we have touched on in this forum and this article says it all really. I hope changes are made!

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

This not only highlights the lack of compassion and empathy on the part of the A+E staff but also the lack of funding, training and general understanding surrounding mental health issues as a whole. Even though this article is a hard read, it does however bring awareness to the plight of sufferers and hopefully from this things will gradually start to change.

Last edited:
J

Jade

This not only highlights the lack of compassion and empathy on the part of the A+E staff but also the lack of funding, training and general understanding surrounding mental health issues as a whole. Even though this article is hard to read, it does however bring awareness to the plight of sufferers and hopefully from this things will gradually start to change.
Exactly. Well I’m quite positive that this is set to change and rightfully so because this is unacceptable. Care Minister Alistair Burt has said this will be his priority and I think it genuinely will be now this issue has come to light. I hope the news keeps us updated because this is a issue that will effect and concern a lot of people.

Mark

Mark

I hope the politicians this time around are good to their word because we have seen so much lip service in this area that it actually sickens me. If someone was ill with a broken arm they would get sympathy - just because there are no physical symptoms we see a terrible lack of compassion.

J

Jade

When I read articles like this I try not to be too disheartened because I think this will get better. Year after year the acceptance and empathy for mental illness has got better there’s no doubt about that when we think back to a hundred or even fifty years ago you can see how much has changed. I’m confident that as the years go by this issue will improve more and more and rightly so.