Someone to talk to

J

Jade

Suffering with my nerves, worry and anxiety I can sometimes find myself desperately needing someone to talk to and reassure me. I think it would be a great idea if we could start this thread for people who sometimes need just that bit of reassurance or someone to talk to about anything that's worrying them. For example if anyone is anxious or worried about anything on any subject they could post what's bothering them here for a little support. Does anybody like the sound of this idea and think it could be something that would help them?

kelbel

kelbel

Hi Jade,

i think that sounds great. Some things are a big worry for me but i won't always speak to those closest to me, as I'm sometime conscious of waffling on about insecurities (which I'm sure partners and families of anxiety sufferers eventually get fed up with). Speaking to someone who has, or does suffer with anxiety is totally different. To be able to talk to someone without having to explain the details of how you feel (because they feel the same) is great, and makes you feel like you're not alone.

This is a great place to open up as we are all as anonymous as we would like to be and therefore don't feel self conscious or embarressed about discussing our fears and insecurities.

Great idea :)

J

Jade

Hi Jade,

i think that sounds great. Some things are a big worry for me but i won't always speak to those closest to me, as I'm sometime conscious of waffling on about insecurities (which I'm sure partners and families of anxiety sufferers eventually get fed up with). Speaking to someone who has, or does suffer with anxiety is totally different. To be able to talk to someone without having to explain the details of how you feel (because they feel the same) is great, and makes you feel like you're not alone.

This is a great place to open up as we are all as anonymous as we would like to be and therefore don't feel self conscious or embarressed about discussing our fears and insecurities.

Great idea :)
Yes I feel exactly the same Kel ! Sometimes I tell myself I’m going to shut up now and keep this to myself but I’m so much worse if I do. Although I recieve endless support from those close to me I sometimes get vibes that their getting a little fed up with my worry which is natural because it’s so repetitive and I ask the same questions to get the same answers again. Sharing worries on this forum will bring together people with a similar mindset so most of us will understand the anxious thought process and the constant need for reassurance.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea!

It is not only those who are suffering and their friends and family but also those who have suffered in the past, but are maybe concerned about a relapse, who would benefit from someone to chat to.

One question I have always wondered - once you have suffered from phobias/anxiety, does it ever really go away or do you just learn to live with it? I have my thoughts about this but would be interested to hear other views before I post my view on this matter.

J

Jade

Great idea!

It is not only those who are suffering and their friends and family but also those who have suffered in the past, but are maybe concerned about a relapse, who would benefit from someone to chat to.

One question I have always wondered - once you have suffered from phobias/anxiety, does it ever really go away or do you just learn to live with it? I have my thoughts about this but would be interested to hear other views before I post my view on this matter.
That’s a question I’m not too sure about myself. I know they’re television programmes with professionals that claim to cure people of their phobias completely so assuming this was all true and not just based on entertainment it must be. I myself am a little skeptical. I believe the fear of a phobia can be greatly reduced and made bearable to live with but I’m not too sure if it completely disappearing . I’m basing that opinion on my own personal experience as I know I have suffered the same phobias since a child although I’m not as bad as I was then I can’t honestly say I think I’m cured.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Personally when I am feeling down or tired I tend to think about my "old" phobias a little more so maybe we just learn to live with them?