Obsessive worry over my cat

J

Jade

I’ve recently become extremely anxious with worry over my cat. It’s getting quite ridiculous and to the point every movement she makes I have to look at her to make sure she’s ok. When I’m out I’m constantly worrying whether she’ll be ok at home on her own ( she’s a house cat) and if she doesn’t eat her food straight away I think she’s sick. She had a check up a few weeks ago at the vet and she was perfectly healthy but it hasn’t helped with controlling my anxiety it even crosses my mind that the vet didn’t do a full examination or she was wrong which I know in my heart isn’t the case. It’s getting on my cats nerves because of my constant fussing and it’s starting to really get to me because I can’t relax and it's really starting to take it's toll on me. Does anyone have any advice for me please?

Mark

Mark

Hi Jade

You obviously love your cat and she has become the focus of your anxiety. Keep telling yourself that she is ok and enjoy the time with her. Over the last 18 months my dog Mindy has been diagnosed with cancer (she had an operation) and diabetes. The cancer will come back and I inject her twice a day with insulin - I used to get very anxious about her but then I thought, I am wasting my time getting anxious and I need to enjoy the time I have left with her. She is fine and loves all of the attention lol