Mother gets OCD after having baby- article

Beattheblues

Beattheblues

I have read about a number of conditions and illnesses which people can pick up during pregnancy one of which is anxiety/OCD as well as, believe it or not, diabetes!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The body really is a weird and wonderful thing - if we could fully harness its power and understand it better this would surely help with mental health issues such as phobias and anxiety?

Beattheblues

Beattheblues

While medics have made great progress over the years there are many things we still do not understand about the power of the body and the power of the brain. If we could control the brain (and the way we think) surely this would be a better treatment than any drug?

Mark

Mark

Personally, breaking down issues/conditions is the key to beating/controlling them.

F

Fightingback

Hopefully this site will encourage people to talk about their issues and discuss ways in which people overcame them. You are not alone!

L

LynnyB

I have heard of this a few times and it is something which many new mothers will "grow out of". Similar I think to pregnancy diabetes which often disappears after child birth.