I used to suffer from a phobia of leaving my home

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My name is Mark and I am one of the co-owners of the forum. I used to suffer from a phobia of leaving my home which brought on panic attacks and impacted many other areas of my life. Through research, chatting with like minded people and professional help I have overcome my fears and even though they lurk in the background I now know how to control them.

I look forward to chatting with you in the future.

J

Jade

Hi Mark, I’m glad you have overcome your fears :) its always nice to hear other people’s success stories on phobias and it’s always an inspiration to read how other people are coping and the steps they take to overcome their phobias and anxiety. I agree that chatting to like minding people can be very positive for a phobia suffer and since joining this forum I have received support from other members and it has been nice to chat to others that can completely understand what its like to live with a phobia and its been useful exchanging coping techniques.

KirstyMarks

KirstyMarks

Hey folks!

Im Kirsty, and will look forward to meeting and chatting with you all. Im a trained hypnotherapist based in Leeds, but I work with people all over the UK. I have my own phobia of Wasps, i am slowly using techniques to overcome this, and it is getting better with time. I also overcame my phobia of Needles :)

Blessings <3

Mark

Mark

You comments make things real for many people as we all assume that therapists never suffer from the conditions they help cure :)

KirstyMarks

KirstyMarks

You comments make things real for many people as we all assume that therapists never suffer from the conditions they help cure :)
Believe me we do... my wasp phobia is very much still prominent. I don't even know where it stems from, as my parents are not scared... I literally jumped from one side of the room to the other this weekend as one was near a curtain behind me..... If I can see them, I can move to avoid, if not i literally scramble over anything! XD

Mark

Mark

I have to say I also have a fear of wasps and bees - we were once at a family meal in a pub and a bee came buzzing around us. I jumped up from the table and my mam was killing herself laughing - still goes on about it to this day lol

I always remember when I was younger a friend from school fell into a hornets nest and got really badly stung - might that be where my fear comes from? Even thinking of it now makes my skin crawl.

KirstyMarks

KirstyMarks

Mark, if im honest? More than likely, you saw how he responded, so therefore you learned to respond like that. Even though most likely nothing has ever happened to you. See that is when it is a phobia. Its hard to distinguish between the two but it becomes common sense....

Ie... if your scared of wasps, but not of bees, is more a fear, because both serve similar purposes, however wasps are pesky feckers who sting and serve no purpose XD