Hello all!

kelbel

kelbel

Hi guys,

I'm Kelly and one of the owners of the forum. I suffered very badly with agoraphobia about 10 years ago and have gradually built my life back to a functioning level through perseverance and counseling. There are still many things I find difficult to do and the nagging doubt of a potential panic attack is always in the back of my mind.

I've learned so much over the years about different therapies, treatments and lifestyle changes you can do yourself which can make a big difference. I hope some of the things I've learned will be helpful to others, and I look forward to us all being able to motivate and support each other on the forum.

Look forward to meeting you all soon!

Kelly :D

S0ph13

S0ph13

I have not suffered agoraphobia, But it is wonderful to see someone who is coming back from a darker time - When people say it gets better it always seemed to feel hollow but it is definitely a gradual build until one day you realise your living a life you wouldn't of dreamed of before!

Not perfect, But actually ok - And on the up!

Nice to meet you Kelly :)

-Sophie :D

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

Hi Kelly,

I've also never suffered from Agoraphobia, but like 'S0PH13' said it's awesome that you've managed to get yourself to a much better place; and the fact that you're willing to help and support other is even more amazing.

Keep on going!

Ghost.

Mark

Mark

Unfortunately mental health issues such as anxiety and phobias are not discussed in the open as much as they should be. Many people forget that these are potentially debilitating conditions which can have a massive impact upon a person’s life. Breaking the cycle of agoraphobia and other phobias is not easy and anyone who is prepared to talk about their experiences in public should be applauded :)

kelbel

kelbel

I have not suffered agoraphobia, But it is wonderful to see someone who is coming back from a darker time - When people say it gets better it always seemed to feel hollow but it is definitely a gradual build until one day you realise your living a life you wouldn't of dreamed of before!

Not perfect, But actually ok - And on the up!

Nice to meet you Kelly :)

-Sophie :D
Thanks Sophie :) Yes i've definitely had that said to me a lot over the years lol. But whilst there are ups and downs (which to be honest, lift throws at all of us anyway) it is true that things do get better! What's your phobia / anxiety?