Does anyone get claustrophobic when driving?

L

LynnyB

Claustrophobia is a very common phobia but one which we don't often see mentioned or discussed in public. In the past I have known people who have suffered from claustrophobia when driving their vehicle. Is this more common than many people assume?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I saw somebody else mention this, I think the key is to try to remain cool which will reduce your anxiety, sweating, etc. As soon as you take back any degree of control you feel better in yourself and stronger.

H

Helprequired

Sometimes I think the lines that separate different phobias are sometimes blurred and claustrophobia and a fear of driving may well occur together. Maybe the key is unlocking one of these phobias, regaining control, and then the other should die.

L

LynnyB

Does your claustrophobia get worse if you are stuck in traffic jams? What about automatic car washes which can be quite enclosed?

F

Fightingback

In the past I have suffered from terrible claustrophobia when driving - to the extent I have had to pull over!

Personally I find that relaxtion techniques help BUT I guess this is only keeping the problem at bay until it catches me unwares in the future? What are the long term solutions?

G

Getting_There

Claustrophobia seems to be connected with many different phobias - does anyone know why?

L

LynnyB

Has anyone tried phobia theraphy for their driving phobia?