Do you feel exhausted after a panic attack?

Mark

Mark

When I had my panic attacks a few years ago I would be absolutely exhausted after one – to the point where I would often go to sleep!

Does anyone else feel exhausted after a stressful panic attack?

J

Jade

Yes I know exactly how you feel.I think it’s your body recovering from the extra stress put on it during a panic attack.Another explanation would be a little bout of depression or low mood after an attack as this can cause lethargy.I will say though it’s best to avoid coffee to wake up when you feel like this because caffeine is supposed to make anxiety symptoms worse.

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

When I had my panic attacks a few years ago I would be absolutely exhausted after one – to the point where I would often go to sleep!

Does anyone else feel exhausted after a stressful panic attack?
Yeah I often feel like that. The overwhelming sensation of a panic attack seems to drain all my physical and mental energy.

J

Jade

This has made me wonder because lethargy after an anxiety attack is so common if the need to sleep is a way of our body trying to recover itself. Anxiety attacks can put the body under a lot of strain so it makes sense if intent for recovery is the case. Do you agree it would be best not to fight it and give your mind and body what it wants? I realise this isn’t always convenient but maybe trying to get your body into complete relaxation mode would be a suitable alternative.