Do you feel anxious if you lose your mobile phone?

Mark

Mark

We have come to depend upon our mobile devices far too much over the last few years. There has been a significant increase in the number of people feeling anxiety when they have lost their mobile phone or even left it at home for just a few hours. Do you feel anxiety when your mobile phone is not glued to your hip?

GH0STP03T

GH0STP03T

Our attachment to technology most definitely feeds into people's anxiety - even among those who have never had a history of it. In a lot of cases when people are feeling anxious they'll pull out their phones as a means of focusing their attention elsewhere or just appearing 'normal' (I'm guilty of that too :/).

Technology is both a blessing and a curse in my opinion; and it ain't going nowhere. So the trick is to try to become comfortable without the need for a mobile phone every 5 seconds. Which is easier said than done.

J

Jade

I can certainly relate to this! When I put my phone down and forget where I put or even if I’m just in another room to my phone for too long I do start to panic. This is because I’m a huge worrier. I worry if I’m not near my phone incase there was an emergency and I wouldn’t be able to take the call. I don’t think it’s being away from my phone as such but just the thought of being disconnected with people that worries me.